Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My (Our) Lucky Star

My lucky star....Louisa.
 
I think Louisa is my lucky star...Well, not that I have gotten a pay rise or a promotion or anything like that since she's born...but rather, we've won (a bit) of lucky draws and Toto. heehee...
 
Just over the weekend, we've won our biggest lucky draw prize to date...a 3D2N stay at the Bayfront Villa at Banyan Tree Bintan. Yippeeee!!!!
 
Oh, I forgot to add....FOR 2 PERSONS. hahaha. But we'll bring Louisa along. ("huh??" you might be saying....)
 
Yes, it's supposed to be a romantic thing, but Louisa can't zzzzz without us (more like without me). So, how to go without Louisa? So, I think, there goes the couple spa etc...but then again, with the current economy the way it is, I doubt very much that we'll want to spend on any spa treatments too. Yes, we've saved a lot on accomodation, since it's the prize, but still, a spa treatment there can easily set us back by a hundred over bucks. Nah...not now lah. The dust over the financial crisis isn't settled yet. My take is that it still has some distance to go (in the US)...and it'll be a little while more before the effects cross oceans and become felt in this part of the world. So, while the Banyan Tree prize is timely (2nd wedding anniversary approaching, and we get to save some $$...heehee...), this is seriously still not the time to spend like that. Spa treatment? Aiyah, DIY lah! hahaha...
 
So...maybe we'll have a "made in Bintan" next? hahaha...

No comments: