Wednesday, September 17, 2008

9th Month Developmental Assessment

On Sat, we brought Louisa to the Polyclinic for her 9th month developmental assessment.
 
We had scheduled an appointment, hence, waiting time was minimal. Good...especially since it was on a Saturday morning.
 
Louisa weighed a good 8.1kg (but she doesn't look "ba-ba". Think she has the long and heavy bones from her daddy). That's at the 75th percentile.
Her height / length is 75cm (ok, she'll be a tall gal...can be a model next time...though I'd rather prefer her to do other jobs than modelling). That's at the 50th percentile.
 
All other tests and assessments went by smoothly. Louisa is progressing well and on track. That's good to know. As a parent, I find that we (ok, maybe it's just I) cannot be too lax over her care, cannot take things for granted. But I think it is this metality that is resulting in more stress for myself. I can't let go. Sometimes I ask myself, is there a point in it all? Stress myself out so much, only to cause more unhappiness.
 
It's been 9 months...time for some serious reflection on how I want to chart my parenting journey...some will say, let it be and it will come naturally to you. Others say, it's always good to have a plan...so what's my take?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about making my
own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thanks

My weblog: waronracism.blogspot.com