Sunday, September 23, 2007

Second Trimester

Mummy's thoughts:-
The first trimester went by quite smoothly (in my opinion). And then I entered into the most energetic phase of the whole pregnancy - the second trimester!!

I started feeling Baby Louisa's movements around Week 16. The movements felt like gas (or bubbles) in the stomach/intestine area (like on days when I have a bad tummy and need to visit the throne). Being a first time mummy, I wasn't sure if what I felt was really gas or Baby Louisa's movements. Call it Women's Intuition if you would, or Maternal Instinct, but I was quite sure they were Baby Louisa's movements. :-)

By Week 20 when we had that detailed scan (and found out Baby's gender), the movements were getting much stronger and more frequent. By Week 23, I was really getting kicked. The kicks were hard and sudden. I could tell when Baby Louisa was flipping and moving around inside and when she was kicking/stretching out her hands. It felt fun...and it's such a priviledge...because Daddy doesn't get to experience it! hahahaha...

It was also during the second trimester that I went out and bought most of the baby stuff that we needed. Thank God for that Taka Baby Fair which was held during that period (Aug - Sep). Managed to get quite a number of items and save some $$ too. I bought some new clothes for Baby Louisa, a sterilizer, a breast pump (I plan to breastfeed totally, so I'm prepping myself for it), diapers, nursing pillow, cotton wool and cotton balls...etc. And for all that spending, Taka gave us a rocking horse! Hahaha...something for Baby Louisa to play with when she's a bit older...

I also signed us up for the Antenatal Classes at Thomson Medical Centre. Yup, we're NOT delivering Baby Louisa at Thomson, but I heard that the classes conducted by Mrs. Wong at TMC are GOOD (it's true). I wanted us to attend her classes.

Basically, I totally enjoyed the second trimester. Did quite a bit of shopping, walking around (exercise), swimming and settled most of the baby stuff that we needed. We even went travelling. The second trimester is the best time...

Oh, and I had NO food cravings (lucky Daddy)! :-) I went back to eating my fish and vege (now I like them...hehs)

No comments: