Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Concerns of an expectant mother

Mummy's thoughts:-

It's been a busy 2 weeks. Lots of work on top of the upcoming move. Before we know, we've come to the end of October. In 1 more week, it'll be exactly ONE month to Baby Louisa's EDD!! How exciting!! (Ok, I'm trying to find some excitement amidst all the work and moving stress...hahaha).

It's really getting uncomfortable...this final stage of pregnancy. I really admire those who can work till the very day they "pop". I thought I could do it too, but now, I'm seriously doubting it. I get breathless and backaches (more of the breathless-ness). Sometimes, I feel as if I need to move around with an oxygen tank. A few days ago, I walked back from The Arcade after buying my snack for tea break (office is located in the building just next to The Arcade). The moment I stopped at the lift lobby to wait for the lift, I found myself panting...really hard. My goodness, how tough is it to just buy a snack to satisfy the stomach?

During my second trimester, I was very brave (I think). I decided for myself that I wouldn't need a confinement lady to help me with confinement. Afterall, what does a confinement lady do? Wash the mother's clothes, baby's clothes, cook for the mummy, help with handling baby. So that mummy can rest and recuperate well and focus on taking care of baby. Now, that doesn't sound too tough, does it? So why do we need to engage one? Daddy will be having his school hols then, so, Daddy can help out. Got a recipe book for him to follow (Daddy can cook!). We can handle the baby together...we just need to PLAN it well (e.g Daddy takes the day duties so Mummy can rest, while Mummy takes the night duties, so Daddy can rest. How's that?), read up lots and encourage each other lots. That's not too difficult, isn't it? =) And so, the decision was NOT to engage a confinement lady. (can save $$ too).

Well, being in the most tiring phase of the pregnancy now, I'm having second thoughts (but it's kinda like, there's no backing out anymore...hahaha). Will I really be able to handle Baby Louisa by myself? What if she cries incessantly? What if I'm too tired to do the night feeds? What if I don't hear her cry in the middle of the night? Of course, everybody has got to start from somewhere. Nobody knows how to handle a baby, instantly. It's always with much practice. Getting to be a bit worried....but, let's keep positive, yah? We can do it!

Baby Louisa, we can do it together!! You're a good gal, right? So we'll get through this together. Yes!

No comments: