Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Weight gain

Mummy's thoughts:-

It's week 30. I've put on about 9kg so far. Of this, Baby Louisa takes up about 1.9kg. She's 1.9kg in week 30! Visited the gynae yesterday. Hmmmm, the gynae says she's big (within the range, but on the big side...). I don't know if that's big or not...but I imagine putting on another 1kg plus over the next 2 months. On average, babies are about 3kg when they are born. Hmmm, will she decide to come out earlier? or will she choose to stay in till the EDD? Given the nature of my job, I'm trying to keep myself relaxed, so Baby Louisa won't pop out earlier. Think stress levels play a part too.

Baby Louisa is progressing well. Everything is fine. Mummy, on the other hand, is not that ok. Sugar level is a bit high...first time though. So just have to monitor and watch what I eat. Better to play it safe. In any case, it's only for the next 2 months. I can do it! :-)

Since I was at the hospital yesterday (Daddy couldn't make it as he has class), we signed up for the delivery package as well. We (or rather, I) opted for the single bedder. I think it would be more peaceful. No crowds visiting other mummies and I get to rest well, watch my TV in peace and talk to anyone I want to without having to worry if I'm disturbing others. Plus, Daddy gets to stay over in the same room too!

Put on 9kg so far (as of last month, it was 8kg)...looking good. Just keep exercising and eating right. 10 more weeks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gal!

Louisa is a lovely name... Sounds like u folks are realy getting on fine and ready into your new roles..

Our Inspiration said...

Hehs, we decided on the name pretty fast. Once we knew it was a gal, the next day, the name's selected. hahaha.

Now only for the Chinese name...